Administrator panel compromises are one of the most common attacks that everyday WordPress website admins face. We work with thousands of clients who have encountered attacks on their websites and I’ve long ago lost count of the number of times that I’ve told clients that the point of entry was their WordPress login page. Brute force attacks and compromised administrator users are overwhelmingly the most common attack vectors for the CMS platform, which as of 2022 makes up over 40% of the entire web.
- High-Severity XSS Vulnerability in Metform Elementor Contact Form Builder
- Konami Code Backdoor Concealed in Image
- Multiple Vulnerabilities Patched in Quick Restaurant Menu Plugin
- WordPress Vulnerability & Patch Roundup January 2023
- How to Fix the “Deceptive Site Ahead” Warning
- Massive Campaign Uses Hacked WordPress Sites as Platform for Black Hat Ad Network
- The Wordfence 2022 State of WordPress Security Report
- PSA: Your Site Isn’t Hacked By This Bitcoin Scam, Keep the Money
- Vulnerable WordPress Sites Compromised with Different Database Infections
- Is WordPress Secure?